::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Friday, April 30, 2010

Shadows searching in the night

Picture from Tumblr
My chat with Peanutxz today left me thinking how two person with similar thought processes and likes initially can grow to be different in opposite environments. That conversation led us to talk about which room in Zouk that we prefer most.

Velvet is my choice and Barsonic hers.

My argument is that, while Barsonic has great music, I don't quite get the crowd there. I feel like I don't really fit in with the advertising, creative and pushing the edge with fashion community. She does, since she pretty much honed her skills working in the creative line for the first years of her working life. Me? I thrust myself into the Corporate sector right from the beginning. No nonsense dressing and formal communications with proper English all the way.

I told her that her life has become so happening that Velvet is like a piece of white paper to her. Where else for me, my life has become quite mundane that that piece of white paper still excites me. Hehe. Sad I know.

The most exciting thing I have done for the past 2 weeks was traveling to Singapore with my crazy comrade colleague and 2 Dutch intern boys who taught me many useless Dutch words in the social world. Not exactly useless but words that would get me in trouble. Oh, and attended the National Achievers Convention at both KL and Singapore with the highlight of watching Tony Blair speak about his time in the office, what he thinks makes a successful person and some other stories.

I think the Bri'ish can make a bland story funny just with their accent. That's why their economy is so strong. Sorry, I digress.

The point is that, I have come to the realisation that I am sitting on my life. I don't think I am utilising my opportunities and learnings to my  potential. I am simply just contented or pretending to be contented with whatever success and tangible opportunities I have. One of the few things that I have learnt from the uneducational NAC was that, in order to succeed, you need to step out of the conventional box and venture into the unknown or even paths that have proven to succeed. Start a business, go into network marketing, trade things, etc.

So with all that realisation, I'm hoping to be able to open myself to new things. Wake up from my bed of contented dillusion and venture into the blue ocean and find my shipwreck fortune.

Hopefully, I may find a talking fish that could grant me some wishes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peanutxz said...

babe...we'll never grow apart. furthermore, i've always been loud and annoying therefore...the choice. ROFL

and speaking of which, i guess it's the phase where u've already seen it all and it's time to settle down and go easy...u know classy stuff like walking down the beach with lj like what you JUST did OR just spending a night together farmvilling. LOL. it's not mundanity. u dun even need the hype anymore because u have something better to look out for at home. ;)

besides, i resort to such nightlifes because i dun have my 'lj' to snuggle with at night. OH HOW PATHETIC! ROFL!!

*MWAH*

2/5/10 2:29 pm  
Anonymous Lj said...

im better known as Ip Man. the baba Ip man.

3/5/10 12:24 pm  
Anonymous Petrina said...

SUE LYNNNNNN!

You really should come to Barsonic! I'm always there!
Well, recently not so much anymore cause i'm traveling quite a bit for this new show i'm doing. Hence, less party life. Sucks. :(

But Barsonic is the beeeeeest! Hahahha...

Come one day, can? :)

4/5/10 1:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home