::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Tuesday, November 11, 2003

What is love? Is it the fluttering butterflies you get in your tummy when you see that certain someone? Is it the dizziness of joy you get when he's near you? Or is it the feeling of calmness and security when you know that he is around? What exactly is love? There has never been a proper definition for it. Different people have different views of their own when it comes to lurve. For me, it has brought different meanings and definitions through out the years, it just keeps changing and changing. At first love for me was just having endless phone conversations with that special someone, thinking that his voice was the only voice i want to hear for all of time. But as time passes, it grew to another phase. Love now, is all about trusting and understanding, and not about the phone conversations and the material stuff. It's not about physical closeness but spiritually. Soul-to-soul and not body-to-body. I think that's more important. Physical beauty is just temporary, but inner beauty lasts a lifetime. (so long as no one corrupts it). Everybody goes through different phases of love. But your first love is the one you'll remember for life. For those of you whose other half is your first love, treasure it. It will be a bitter-sweet memory in the end. (not like i'm saying it wont last, but at this age, if it does, my salutations to you!) =)

I fixed my eyes upon the pit
And vowed to stay away.
And yet the blackness called to me,
From where I wish to stay.

They say love's one man's folly
And another's key to fame.
But love was not an issue,
I hated the crying games.

Still, I wandered toward the pit,
It held a strange allure.
It proved a plave of mystery
I'd never been before.

Up to the edge I crept,
Looking into the abyss.
Though I knew not what awaited me,
This chance I could not miss.

I lived a sheltered, quiet life;
I longed to risk it all.
I took one more step forward,
'Twas there I took the fall.

I tried to grab onto the edge,
Regretting my new fate.
Instead I kept on falling;
My efforts were in vain.

Although I landed softly,
I sensed a bruise or scar.
But those were often made
In matters of the heart.

However, doubt consumed my mind,
"Would he be like the last?"
Until at length I felt a touch,
It swept the doubt I'd cast.

His strong hands pulled me close to him.
As one, we climbed above.
I realized I had fallen safe
Into the arms of love.