::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Friday, January 13, 2012

Rolling in the Deep with Half past 6

Although I have 10 years experience performing on stage, in various countries, I have never had the guts to sing covers out of the karaoke room. Fear of criticism, fear of judgmental comments, fear in general.

Singing in front of the Buddhist community is a bit easier, because I am singing original songs, so if I stumble or make any mistakes, people won't notice as much, or will be quicker to pat you on the back and say, "not to worry, well done!".

And all these, made stepping out of my comfort zones so much harder. That is why, one of my resolutions for this year, is to do exactly that. Pick up the guts and go perform 'commercially'.

After many empty talks and pushes, I finally did it!

Together with my dearest friend, PX and 2 new friends Sheryl and Jason, we formed 'Half Past 6' and our first live performance was last week at the Doppel Cafe, Annexe Central Market.

We did 3 main songs (all on youtube) and 3 more impromptu ones to fill up time. Here's one of the songs that I solo'ed on.

Enjoy :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home