::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Monday, May 10, 2004

My First Day in College

I left my house at exactly 6.45 this morning. Endured the 45 minutes lrt ride and reached my destination at 7.30. Was just congratulating myself on my time management skills when i realised that the buses had chosen this very morning to have pms. None of the buses were there and i had to wait till it was almost eight to get on to the ever-slow-moving college bus. What a good start.

Joined the hustle and bustle with all the freshmens like me in the college hall for our orientation. Watched the clips of various societies and activities that were held and also listen to alot of speeches from chairpersons and the principle herself. Although i must comment that the emcees were being rather annoying (translated: lame) and some of the speeches given could be worked on.

Moved on to the briefing of my course and the things that we need to know and do for the whole year that we would be there. Including joining two societies and lots of school rules to be followed. There are a few fun societies and activities that i would not mind joining though, like the dancing club, orientation odyssey (which i went for the audition today) and the talent-time competition. I also went for the public relations interview just to get myself exposed to the pr scene as that is what i am majoring in.

Well, my verdict of tar college after being there for a day? Bearable. Who knows, i might probably enjoy myself there more than i think i would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home