::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hair woes

This post is about something very pressing. One that has been bogging my mind for quite some time. Although it may be narcissistic but it's for the releasing of those pressing thoughts.   

After a year of trying to grow my shoulder length hair long into mermaid-esque tresses, they have finally reached a decent level of being just below my lungs.

Now, I am not one to metamorphose into a different person with different hair every week. But I do like making changes, though not very drastic ones to my outlook.

2 years ago, I looked like this

That was the first time I had chopped my hair off to a length that was above my shoulders in 3 years. Yes. I'm not very adventurous I know.

1 year ago
A little longer and with fringe.

Now:
Tada! Longer mermaid-esque tresses has now arrived!

I have been contemplating on curling my hair permanently but this would be the first time in my life that I would have taken that step.

So off I went to scout and consult trusted stylists and stylists that looked like they could be trusted - if they could give me the curls I want. They all said, no. They don't such machines here yet. Overseas yes, but not here. Their unanimous answers crushed my hopes and dampened my spirit.

However, they have been very kind to me telling me to go back and blow my hair into curls if that is the desired look I want. That is what I've been doing weekly, as a ritual during weekends. To destress myself by getting a hair wash and beautiful curls.

Le sigh beautiful curls. I am going to shamelessly ask again, as I have before, does anyone know how this can be achieved permanently?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Peanutxz said...

digital perm.
go look for cherry.

babe. why boobs so big wan. ROFL!

12/5/10 11:32 pm  
Anonymous Lee Jen said...

I miss u! :(

13/5/10 3:14 am  
Blogger Lynnie said...

PX: Digital perm cannot achieve desired results also.. only blow. :(

LJ: Miss you too! So I know what's my bday present already?

13/5/10 10:55 am  
Blogger rachel_mayvern said...

OH! The saloon just below my apartment claims that it can be done with some japanese curls. But it's in KT though. =p Before i chopped my hair to the current length, i thought of curling it into those kind of curls and so i asked the hairdresser if it cld be done permanently. And she said yes! So im not sure if she can really do it, but yeah. =p

15/5/10 2:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home