::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Thursday, April 10, 2008

when will we reach the stars?

I was reading this girl's blog about how she feels when her significant other puts more time and effort into work for the 'better future' and how she feels neglected.. i dunno man, i kind of felt that i could relate to what she was writing. Not wholly, but parts of me.

There were times when i would wonder to myself before i drift off to surprising places, that would it be worth it to prioritize success over loved ones? Would that success be worth it in the end? I know i've ponder and asked about this topic for a long time.. i never seem to have a resolute answer.

I know of guys who would put off the whole marriage idea with their girlfriends just because they have not achieved in their career successfully. What sort of success, i do not know. Maybe their first million? This is my question to all guys, why can't you share this journey with your significant other? Why must it be one or the other? Success or marriage (example only, could be just plain ol love) ?

It's just boils down to the male masochistic thoughts aint it? The one where their cavemen instincts kick into high gear- go out to hunt to feed their wife and kids, and never expecting their wives to do the same.

The bf used to constantly plan for the future. Good life, comfortable home, nice cars, clothes, etc. But he forgets about the present. What can we do together now with whatever little means we have. And i used to get really frustrated because i felt neglected. It wasn't that he didn't shower me with love or gave me attention, rather it was just that i didn't really care about what will happen in the future, sure i want those nice things, but it is not everything you know. I wanted us to be able to enjoy each other here and now. The future is vague, we can work so hard but the future will always stay as a future if we do not appreciate the present. What we have presently is what will bring us to the future.

This is so melodramatic. I am so melodramatic.

I dunno man, i'm just so tired of waiting for the future.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home