::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Friday, March 14, 2008

read me the story of all

So i've been in a dilemma for quite a while now- to work or to further my studies? The choice has been bugging me ever since the start of the year. I'm not sure as to which is more suitable for me, coz right now, i really do feel that both suits me best. But for the wrong reasons.

What i meant by wrong reasons is, either choice i make, study or work, will be made for reasons that are not quite appropriate. To work- i'll have more financial independance. SHOPPING! but less free time. Making my transition (move to spore) an abrupt one with little time to give in to homesickness. To study- Better future, more spare time, can come home often, chill often, but less money. The starting pay for a degree holder in Sg is SD2k plus. And the starting pay for a masters degree holder is SD3k plus. I know, what do i still have to think rite? heh

Actually, i've made a decision. As the Masters degree at the uni i wanna apply to starts in Aug i think i will try to see if i can make it for that intake, and if i can get in. But the setback is that the dateline for the submission of application is at March 6. So, yeah. I'm like one week late. And one of the requirements is to provide my degree certificate which i have yet to have coz i've not graduated and my convo will most probably only be in August. I think. So how?

My decision is that, i will email the uni and enquire to see if i am eligible even with my undergrad status and the way overdue submission. If i am, i'll be a post grad student in Aug. If i'm not, i gotta find a job...

I consulted my uncle who deals with tarot cards with this question. And the cards told me going to work will only be a game for me. It's like something that i'm doing for fun. (eek) So i should better go back to studying. LOL!

My parents especially my dad has always been pro-further studies. He even cut out a newspaper article advertising the Masters programme in that uni last year!

I was telling simon last night, i feel like my life after my degree is a blank. I have no idea what i want to do and i have no idea what's in store for me.

Any suggestions or advice ppl?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mcc said...

What do u REALLY want? This is the most important question. If u hv made the decisions stick to it wif no regrets.

14/3/08 8:49 pm  
Blogger Peanutxz said...

i guess she doesn't really knw wat she wants therefore she's stuck...

JUST LIKE ME!!! babe let's join amazing race, win 1 million and lepak for a few years. hoho! yeah i guess furthering ur studies would b a Good option. everyone is having a degree now and better not waste ur talent when u can actually study...unlike the lazy mazy me. woot!

at least ur dad encourages you to study. my dad is so fickle minded he changes his mind every few minutes about wat i shud do. mehhh!

15/3/08 2:56 am  
Blogger mcc said...

My meaning: Choose a job/study which you LOVE, u wld not feel like WORK(BURDEN)all the time. What do u ENJOY doing or studying? After u hv completed ur studies, what do u WANT to be?

15/3/08 1:16 pm  
Blogger Lynnie said...

Actually, the problem is not with the field i am in. I love my field of study/work. The dilemma is in, should i further my studies in this field or start working in this field after my degree.

PX: we will wake up late for all the tasks, gilagila all the way, and kill each other. haha

15/3/08 3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home