::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Thursday, January 17, 2008

the ticking clock

My home's currenly undergoing a minor facelift, what with existing furnitures being shifted around, new furnitures, new flatscreens, new coat of paint, etc. The whole place reeks of new smell, which i like! Because it refreshes the place. :)

Daddy's on the go to replace and repair most things old at home fearing them to spoil whilst he's gone as he wont be around as much anymore. Mum and i feel so helpless when it comes to things like changing the light bulbs, automatic gate failure, and other handyman issues. I especially will feel so lost what with both men in my life being so far away. Who am i going to call now if my car breaks down or when my tyres run out of air? :(

You know, all these while, simon has been the one who pumps the air in my tyre, my dad sometimes, and the workshop sometimes too when i send my car for servicing. I know nuts about my car. Which is very bad i know. I only drive, and pump petrol, occasionally asking the petrol station helpers to check my black oil and water. Guess its good that im going over to Sg after i graduate, so cars will be the least of my worries. Lol.

Nonetheless, i am starting to feel the pang of sadness just thinking about my dad being so far away from home. About not being able to see him often. About not being able to talk to him or be a little girl around him often. Sigh.

It's part and parcel of growing up huh? Where the physical distance between parent and child grows larger and larger.

Such an emo post.

I blame it on the stress of too much work.

*******
On a happier note, simon'll be back on sat for a whole month! Wee! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home