::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Monday, January 14, 2008

Verbal jumble

My haywired pronunciation went into overdrive last weekend during dinner with one of my girlfriend.

Here's just two examples:

"Ya, when they go for industrial training in the hospitality line they have to rotet around."

When i meant, rotate.

"Oh, you cock yourself?"

When i meant to say, cook.

So embarassing. Lucky it was with someone close, and not someone i'm trying to impress, say in an interview of something. Lol. And i'm in the PR line, where what i say means ALOT.

Can you imagine me telling a journalist during a food review, "this chef cocks well!"

Tsk tsk. I need to learn how to pronounce my words properly. Maybe put some marbles in my mouth when i talk or something. ;p

And try not to make any more of my sentences sound so darn wrong. eheh

5 Comments:

Blogger -lilian- said...

haha. welcome to my side of the world. :p

15/1/08 12:07 am  
Blogger Lynnie said...

i know!! lol

15/1/08 11:33 am  
Blogger Peanutxz said...

add 1 more to ur list.
'the cheap so shoes!!'
hAhHAhAha

15/1/08 10:35 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

count me in!

i always say my break gona bone -___-

anyways babe what's your email address for blogger yeah cos i've locked my blog and i'm adding you into my readers' list (:

15/1/08 11:14 pm  
Blogger Lynnie said...

px: eek, u remember.. :( haha.

cass: babe, it's suelynnchia@gmail.com

16/1/08 6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home