::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

i should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky

Something happened just now that really made me fully aware of just how lucky i am.

Daddy showed my a letter from the MPPJ stating that i have an outstanding summon which had been issued to me on the 26th of June. But, i have already paid the summon on that very day itself. So, in order to show them idiots that i have already paid, i need to have proof which is the receipt, if not rm100 will have to be thrown away just like that.

So i searched high and low like a gila babi all over my table where i usually keep all my rubbish. Receipts, flyers, papers with scribblings.. etc. And while searching for it, i had this strong feeling that i have already thrown the receipt away because i had cleared and arranged my table a month ago, throwing away things that should have been thrown away in the first place. And i remember feeling at that time that i didn't want my dad to know that i received yet another summon.

Trying my best to brush that feeling aside, i continued my search in hope for a miracle. Went through every file on my table, looked through the remaining receipts, flyers, papers with scriblings that have accumulated after i cleared my table but, to no avail. Until finally, i took out a file where i keep all sorts of report cards, transcripts, essays and so on, and what do i see folded nicely right on the top? My receipt from June 26. Wheeeee! I could have sworn i woke the neighbors up with my shout of glee. Haha..

Oh wow. I have already succumb to the fact that the receipt has already been thrown away, and even remembered a faint memory of me taking the receipt and throwing it into the bin. I swear i don't remember putting it into the file though.

Goes to show the extend of how much my memory is failing me. Remembering things that didn't even happen. O.o"

And to top this whole lucky hoo-ha off, i found my favourite bookmark at the same time too! :)

So yes anon, I am the luckiest girl and today proved itself! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Peanutxz said...

is the summon the one u got when we were celebrating ivy's bday?!
thank god u were smart enuff to keep it...WAY TO GO GAL!!!

5/10/05 1:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

talking about summons. i got 2 summons over dued. one from klang and one more in shah alam.

I got the warning letter already. shit, i better pay soon.

5/10/05 10:56 am  
Blogger Lynnie said...

px: yeah, that's the one.. i didn't even remember keeping it! haha..but thankfully though i did.. somehow.. :p

chzehong: aw.. why didn't u pay during the "sale" season? ;)

5/10/05 3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home