::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

auntie i am not !

About a month ago, i went over to the National University of Singapore to witness their National Rag and Flag day which my sister was a part of. We had to sit on the terace like stands facing the field to watch all the floats taking part in it. While the procession was taking place, there was this pretty little girl standing behind me trying very hard to see all the going ons on the field. So, me being nice and sweet seeing how adorable she was, asked her if she wanted to come in front of me instead.

She looked at me shyly and then an older woman who was chaperoning her (or some sort, could be a family member, but definitely too old to be her mom) asked her again, "Ya, do you want to go in front of Auntie?"

AUNTIEEE????????

OMG, horror of all horrors! Which part of me looks like an auntie at that time?? I was wearing a nice shirt with short skirt, and was sitting next to my 88 year old grandmother. That pretty much highlighted my youthfulness no?

After hearing that, with my smile still plastered on my face though i was cussing all the way inside, i waited for that little girls answer. Try as i might, i cannot imagine myself looking like an auntie, especially not then! I am only 19. That is also not until the end November. *sniffs*

Sigh, the pleasures of growing old - er, and people reminding you of it.
Repeat after me, SueLynn is NOT an Auntie. Thank you.

11 Comments:

Blogger Peanutxz said...

omg...tell u what? u should've just told the kid to stay where she is...HAHAH

6/9/05 9:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hie aunty!!!

6/9/05 10:03 pm  
Blogger Lynnie said...

xzan: nolar, she didn't acknowlegde me, only that Auntie did..

chzehong: wei.. -_-

6/9/05 10:21 pm  
Blogger *shereen* said...

Auntiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie! Muahahahas..
My fact was proven!

6/9/05 10:48 pm  
Blogger Lynnie said...

please ok, it's NOT a fact. but anyhow, YOU are the auntie... ngeks!

7/9/05 12:13 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

by the way, you are 2 years younger than me rite?

hahaha pityful-nya... so young being called an aunty!

lol

7/9/05 12:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mwahahahah this is the right post for me to say HI AUNTIEEEE! =)

7/9/05 10:01 pm  
Blogger Cass said...

haha you'r not used to it ? sooner or later you gota get used to it too ! my girlfriends & i have been calling each other aunties since ages ago !! er .. excuse me .. i'm not an aunty .. seriously .. i'm younger than you so yeah .. you'll be the aunty first =DDD

8/9/05 1:03 am  
Blogger Lynnie said...

chzehong: yes..sobs!

UNCLEchen: wei... -_-
but hie anyway! :)

cass: yea, my friends and i do call each other aunties too, but it is one thing to be called that by your friends and a totally different thing to be call Auntie by a total stranger! :(

8/9/05 10:56 am  
Blogger Cass said...

haha so i guessed you JUST gota admit you looked OLD =DD hey how did you put your pics into blogspot ? i mean like the mini ones that are displayed at the comment box .

8/9/05 11:36 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

cass: you'll have to add your pic url in your blogspot profile.

9/9/05 10:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home