::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Monday, March 06, 2006

gender equality - yes / no ?

For my english assignment, the topic that i'm doing on is Gender Equality, and one of the questions in my questionaire asks, "Is it important to achieve gender equality?". I admit i am a hypocrit, because to me, it isn't important at all. Yes, women shouldn't be paid less compared to men, and women should receive the same recognition and all. But, i kind of like being the weaker sex here. The kind that given a chance, i wouldn't mind letting men take the reins while i sit back with a cuppa. Of course the occasional girl power is an ego booster.

Call me shallow or whatever. I do agree with some of the answers that disagree with that question as well. Women and men are made totally different. We can have the same opportunities, but being equal is like everyone having the same qualities. There are certain things that only a woman can do - child bearing, and there are certain things that only men can have - penis and a large ego.

Things that keep the world in balance. I dunno.. this is just my opinion. It is really a very subjective topic that has been debated over decades. It's all about getting the same amount of respect and understanding from both sexes. Equality between gender will not necessary be a good step.

What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gender equality = NO.

I am not agaisnt gender equality but I don't see it in Malaysia for the next 10 maybe 20 years.

But honestly, I hate lady managers. They get pms all the time! hahahaha.

9/3/06 10:13 am  
Blogger Lynnie said...

Wey.. -_-
It's all ladies actually. But you gotta love ladies either way! ;)

9/3/06 11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home