::Life's Little Mystery::

life requires lots of love, and loving brings life

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Ghost of girlfriends past

For all my relationships, there is something that always comes between it. Something I think is a problem many women face.

Comparing themselves with the other women in their partners' lives - ex girlfriends, childhood friends, colleagues, etc. Do any of you do that yourself? I know I am guilty as charged.

This has created a lot of problems internally within my own thoughts and emotions as well as taken a toll on my relationships. Where I am constantly comparing myself. But then, why the need for that? Why do we girls do this to ourselves and to our partners? Are we not good enough that's why he chose us?

It's ridiculous. The Bf (the sweetheart) has asked before, why should I compare myself to them? Because according to him, I am incomparable. My answer is, I dont know. I think it's this innate curiosity chip built in us that makes us hunger for those information. What does she look like, how does her hair look, how does she dress, damn she has bigger boobs than I, oh crap she looks cute..etc. Then beat our other halves up for being with us. Poor boys.

I was driving on my way to meet Reen when I had this light bulb moment where I commanded myself in my head to "Stop comparing yourself anymore! You're the one he wants, love and is with!"

There really is not one reason for me bring myself down by comparing, but I do it anyways. Maybe just for fun. Maybe because I'm a masochist and I like the drama in my life. No matter what the reason is, it's suffering to keep doing so.

Therefore, to my dear BF, I promise I will do my best to stop comparing and bringing up other girls in our conversations. They are the past and will be kept in the past-vault with the keys buried deep. I cannot promise that their ghosts won't appear every now and then, but I do promise to try and keep them away with all my will power.

Now, how can i make them disappear once and for all in reality?

:p

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home